8/10/2011

I am back!

It's been way too long since my last blog post... Sorry readers, work's been kill'n me!  Well, I'm back now with more EATS!  Let's start with some local LA's favorites... Banh Mi (Vietnamese sandwich) and lobster tacos.  I will provide everyone the address of both local food spots!

First y'all gotta check out this little deli / market in Chinatown. It's like a little Chinese bodega in Los Angeles. They have Vietnamese Banh Mi sandwich stuffed with Cantonese style bbq pork. It was a party in my mouth! Must go and check this place out!

Lien Hoa Deli & Seafood Market
721 N Broadway, Los Angeles, CA 90012
Cash Only

Here is a snap shot of the mouth-watering bbe pork Banh Mi.



Also, while we were waiting for the sandwich outside of the market, we saw the employee from the market buying fish from a dude in a truck load of fish... alive and fresh!



We continued riding through Downtown, K-town, Hollywood, then Los Feliz / Silverlake. John wanted to show me this fish taco spot called Ricky's Fish Tacos... which is located a few blocks south of the Best Fish Taco of Ensenada. Word on the street is that Ricky's Fish Tacos is BETTER than the Best Fish Taco of Ensenada. Well, this I gotta try!

Ricky's Fish Tacos
1400 N Virgil Ave, Hollywood, CA 90027
Cash Only



When John and I arrived at the doubled tented outdoor fish frying station I knew we were in for a treat. This place was packed with people waiting to get their hands on the fish, shrimp and lobster tacos. For about 6 bucks a taco you get a giant sized taco with a fried lobster tail.  The tail is perfectly seasoned and fried... topped with fresh cabbage and pico de gallo, I'd like to have one... now.







All I gotta say is, see you next time Ricky's Fish Tacos! maybe this weekend... ha!

After the taco break, John and I parted by the train station...end of bike ride.
Thanks Uncle John for this great biking experience! I'll call you up next weekend and let's go on another adventure :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...