4/12/2011

Red Lion Responded!

So a few days ago, I got a letter from Mr. Bill Roche, the general manager at the Red Lion Tavern. If you've been reading my blog posts, I'm sure you read about my letter to the "bitchy" server that ruined my experience and pissed off the whole birthday party at the Red Lion.

Red Lion

Well, here is the letter:


Joseph,
My name is Bill Roche, and I am the General Manager at the Red Lion Tavern. First, let me personally apologize for everything that happened on the 25th. I was absolutely shocked when I read your review. I want to let you know that what happened to your party was completely unacceptable, and your server will face severe consequences for her actions. We try to create a fun atmosphere here while serving guests with great customer service. Obviously, your party did not receive this and our server did not meet our standard of quality service. I would like to make this up to you somehow and do not want this particular incidence to keep you from returning to the Red Lion. I would like to offer a meal and a few beers on the house if you choose to return to the Red Lion. There will be a gift certificate made out to Joseph C. in our office, please ask a manager for it the next time you stop in. I appreciate you talking the time to make such poor service known. Again, I apologize for the actions of your server and hope that you do come back to the Red Lion.


Bill Roche
General Manager
Red Lion Tavern

First of all, Thank you Mr. Roche for responding to my concern. I am really glad he took the responsibility and handled the situation the best way possible.

SOOOOOO... now that there's a gift certificate made out to me at the tavern, I feel like I should share the certificate with my readers!

I have an IDEA!  I figured that we should give the Red Lion Tavern a second chance!  Maybe I should have our FIRST EVER Eat With Joe Party?  It would be a great way for me to meet all my readers!!! Let me know if this is a good IDEA!  If you love food and you love to cook I'd like to meet you at this potential party and discuss the possibility of having you featured in the blog :) gimme your thoughts in the comment box below !!! Let's make this happen !!!

7 comments:

  1. doesn't count if I say I want to come, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to come if it's for a weekend date...and I don't have to work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm down! I love the Red Lion but stop going because of your bad experience. I'm glad the manager responded they way he did. I would hate to blacklist a local hangout.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you make it the first or second weekend of May maybe I can come out and join in. Is there anything vegetarian on the menu?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...