2/17/2011

Dumpling 10053 - El Monte

10053 Valley Blvd.  Ste 2
El Monte, CA 91731
(626) 350-0188

The name sounds funny, but the food here is quite serious!  I like this place, I like it a lot!  As much as I have a soft side for Ding Tai Fung,  I have to say, Ding Tai Fung is only worth going when you are in Taiwan.  The branch here in Arcadia is a rip off, and the servers are lame.  Dumpling 10053 is cheap and they have this awesome signature pumpkin shrimp dumplings!

Because my father-in-law is in town, my parents wanted to take him out to a proper Taiwanese dinner.  So my parents decided to take him to a dumpling house.  You must be wondering how they got the name... Its their address, yup they named the place after the address of the restaurant!  I read the reviews from this one annoying Yelper... She seemed to be confused with the name of the restaurant... umm did you read the address above the door?  #shutupandeatyourdumplings

My mom has a habit of ordering a bunch of food... so much food that we ran out of table space for the dishes!

the spread

You are probably wondering... what are the red and green dumplings?  Well, the green dumplings are Chinese cabbage and pork dumplings and the red dumplings are goji and chicken dumplings.

dumplings

These little guys are delicious! although... not as good as what we had in Taiwan, but for now, this will do!

small steam buns

This isn't the best dumpling restaurant ever, but if you are craving for a nice dumpling meal and you don't want to put a hole in your wallet, this is definitely the place to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...