5/18/2011

Last Night In KY

There are THREE highlights from this night...

1. The Holy Grail


This is a newish craft beer place off the Bardstown Road / The Highlands in Louisville, KY. I am not a really big beer drinker but some of them special beers are super yummy!!!

IMG_5143

2. Rusty the Jerky Man


Rusty the Jerky Man walked into the bar... with a picnic basket full of jerkys. He makes his own beef jerky and sells em in zip lock bags all over Louisville, KY.

Beth told me that he's been doing this forever and we confirmed it with Rusty, and he said that he's been doing it for about 20 years... totally crazy!

So we asked him, where did you get your beef to make the jerky? I mean it's gotta be organic farm raised beef right? well, he said ... "I got my meat from Krogers, and Sams"
GREAT ANSWER!

IMG_5146
That's our friend Van buying dime bags of jerky from Rusty the Jerky Man.  (what's up with the demon eyes? hahah)

IMG_5147
I picked up my own Habanero Jerky...It's spicy, but addicting!!!

3. Steak N Shake


Now we got our beers and jerkys.. all we need now is my Steakburger fix from STEAK N SHAKE !!! We literately had a minor Harold and Kumar moment when the first two Steak n Shake were closed! Due to my dramatic reaction to the restaurant being closed... We were referred to the 3rd Steak n Shake... well, mission accomplished... I got my Steakburger!

IMG_5150

IMG_5158

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...