5/23/2011

Real Food Daily

My great uncle and aunt are both in town from Taiwan... They are vegetarians and they love to try new things! We wanted to avoid the traditional Chinese style vegetarian restaurants... so Beth and I decided that we should introduce them to RFD (Real Food Daily). I mean if Ellen DeGeneres recommends this place, it should be the bomb diggidy, right?

I would love to go over every dish we ordered, but I realized that it's a lot easier if I just copy and paste the name of the dish and ingredients straight from the menu :)

This is what we ordered:

NOT-CHOS
NOT-CHOS
Tortilla chips, melted cashew cheese, black beans, pico de gallo, guacamole, tofu sour cream

BBQ TOFU CHOP
BBQ TOFU CHOP
Seasonal vegetables, barbeque tofu, shredded cashew cheese, romaine, ranch dressing

SPICY BLT WRAP
SPICY BLT WRAP
Tempeh bacon, avocado, lettuce, tomato, spicy vegenaise, spinach wrap

MOMMA MIA WOTTA LASAGNA
MOMMA MIA WOTTA LASAGNA
Lasagna pasta, herbed tomato sauce, roasted vegetables, house-made tofu cheese, pesto crostini, arugula, fennel, radish salad, lemon garlic dressing

Banana Cream Tart
BANANA CREAM TART
Creamy, luscious vanilla crème, fresh bananas

After the dinner we bought the official RFD cook book for my great uncle and aunt... So they can bring the book back to Taiwan for their son... Madwu... He actually owns a vegetarian restaurant in Taiwan, Beth and I thought it would be a great gift for him so he could use the cook book as a new fresh reference for his restaurant :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...