1/06/2011

Dinner with Rotory International in Taiwan

I'm not quite sure exactly what the Rotory Club is. My aunt Anita is a member, so is my uncle. They invited us to a special dinner event held at an upscale restaurant in Banqiao. We had no idea what to expect, but we both knew that we will definitely be fed with lots of yummy food! This dinner came with a whopping 10 course meal and complimentary wine, tea and Mccallan scotch (well, the Mccallan scotch was from my uncle ha!).

First Course - Giant serving of sashimi with a miniature ice sculpted snowman. We both did the "woo... ahhh..." when the dish was served.

Course 1 - Sashimi (close up)

Then followed with shark fin soup, jumbo shrimps, shrimp sticky rice, steam eggs, pigs' feet, chicken stew soup, fish collar, sweet buns and fruit plate. According to my Aunt Anita... "Everything here is expensive! so eat up!!!"



Throughout the event we had to kanpai (drink toast) everyone in the Rotory Club and they had to do the same to our table! People got really wasted and there were lots of karaoke and dancing!!! My aunt and uncle won raffle prizes... they ended up giving all the prizes to us! So we came home with three stacks of cakes, one box of giant Asian pears, and a makeup gift bag :) I hope we get invited again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...