1/02/2011

西門町 Ximending

What's the best hangover cure after the crazy NYE celebration? Street food and shopping! Since we are already in the center of Taipei we decided to check out one of the busiest markets in Taiwan... 西門町 Ximending. Ximending is probably the bigger original shopping areas in Taipei.

Here at Ximending you can find all kinds of cheap clothing, accessories, food, drinks, and street performers! While we were walking around, I noticed this mohawk dude shouting at the crowd, trying to get people to check out the food court standing behind him. He called me "Handsome Guy" and I was convinced.

This is what we had for dinner:) Comnination 7: Seafood Soup + Squid + Fried Chicken Steak... yes again, the Changs love squid.

Comnination 7: Seafood Soup + Squid + Fried Chicken Steak

Trust us, that meal was delicious! And the presentation of the food was unique as well. Speaking of food presentation, I must show y'all what we saw while we were walking around Ximending...

Penis Cake... yes

Penis Cake... I love how creative my people can be!

We walked around Ximending for a good 3 hours... We left with a new scarf, a new watch and new glasses. All for under 20 US dollars. Amazing isn't it :) Like I said... the hangover was gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...