1/04/2011

Eat Like the Aborigines

Monday, January 3rd, 2011... We visited the Leader Village @ Buluowan, Taroko Gorge. Leader Village is a hotel/restaurant where you can live and eat like the aborigines! When we first stepped into the courtyard, I felt like I was in the Dharma Initiative (LOST). You are surrounded by humongous mountains and cool looking cabins :) It took my breath away!

Buluowan Vegetarian Meal

Buluowan Vegetarian Meal

Shan-Yue Romantic Meal.

Shan-Yue Romantic Meal

The food was different. They served sticky rice in a bamboo tube... Hualien's speciality skinned chili pepper... The vegetarian skewer was seasoned so well, Beth thought she had the best bell peppers ever! Grilled tilapia was amazingly tender and moist (yes, i used the word moist)... I mean, I can go on and on and on about how amazing this meal was... plus the scenery was out of this world! Also they have free wifi for me to "check-in" on my Foursquare.

Next time I will have to try the "When Wild Boar Met The Eiffel Tower Meal"



Check out this video of the courtyard and more photos by Beth Moser Photography


Leader Village @ Buluowan - Taroko Gorge from Joe Chang on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...